All the major device manufacturers and wireless carriers are getting read to release their Google Android based phones, joining T-Mobile which was first to market with the HTC G1 and more recently the HTC MyTouch3G:
- Sprint launched their HTC Hero on October 12th, and have the sweet looking Samsung Moment coming on November 1st
- Verizon’s ‘Droid’ from Motorola turns out to be a range on Android phones, not just the Motorola Sholes, which recently was referred to as the Motorola Droid. They also have the Droid Eris coming, which is Verizon’s branded HTC Sense.
- Motorola have also been quoted as stating that the majority of all their new phones for 2010 will be Android based, choosing to bet their comeback heavily on relying on Android as their common phone platform
- Motorola’s Zeppelin has been photographed, but no other details yet
- Dell has an Android based phone in works, as well as a rumored tablet like device
- Barnes and Noble’s eBook reader was has been in the news recently as a competitor to Amazon’s Kindle is also an Android based device