Clearing out some stuff in the home office I came across this CD-ROM of tech tools, products and libraries that I was using at work at this time:
- JBoss – the open source Java EE app server of choice at this time
- Xerces – Java XML Parsing library (DOM)
- Amazon WS Kit – not sure what this was, maybe an SDK for AWS?
- Apache – HTTP web server
- Caucho Resin – no longer around – if I remember right this was an optimized Servlet runtime
- EJ Tech Profiler – I think this was a competitor to JProfiler?
- Homesite – HTML editor
- IBM WS Kit – SDK for Java XML webservices
- IntelliJ – still around today. At the time I don’t think it was as popular as Eclipse or Netbeans, but is probably the best. Java IDE around today
Interesting look back at Java versions in use at the time:
- Java JDK 1.4 (at the time, also called Java 2 after JDK version 1.2, abbreviated as J2SE)
- Java EE 1.2 and 1.3 – abbreviated to J2EE – the days when J2EE was actually called J2EE before dropping the 2 and just becoming Java EE after Java EE 5 was released in 2006)