Here’s a collection of Amateur Radio and other general radio related possible uses and ideas for using a Raspberry Pi. Some of these ideas could be used in connection with each other, or just solo.
This list is a collection of ideas for the basis of an upcoming presentation; more on that later. Right now, a collection of links for reference.
- as a simple/cheap Logging computer:
- ADS-B aircraft transponder receiver (http://www.rtl-sdr.com/adsb-aircraft-radar-with-rtl-sdr/)
Slightly more involved:
- APRS tracker (mobile APRS – ping beacon packets with location)
- Software Defined Radio using RTL USB dongle and rtl-sdr (https://www.kevinhooke.com/2014/07/26/installing-rtl-sdr-and-dump1090-on-a-raspberry-pi-to-receive-ads-b-signals/)
- CW progation beacon transmitter (http://hackaday.com/2013/01/25/raspberry-pi-used-as-a-beacon-transmitter/)
- APRS i-gate (internet gateway for APRS data)
- WSPR transmitter / WspryPi / TAPR Whispering Raspberries QRP Tx Shield
- Soundcard based Packet Packet TNC, using Direwolf: https://github.com/wb2osz/direwolf
- Hardware Packet Radio using a TNC-Pi add on board
- RadWav SDR transceiver add-on board $150: http://www.radwav.com/index.html
- QTSDR – SDR transceiver (https://github.com/ha7ilm/qtcsdr)
Other links with more ideas: